Sunday, December 20, 2009

Holiday Spirit



Here are pictures of my home, decorated for the holidays. I choose a new theme for our tree this year, pinecones and silver. I love the use of something natural with something sophisticated and shiny. Missing the snow here in Miami, I gave our artificial tree a touch of snow on the needles with a can of spray snow I bought at Michael's. The theme is even carried into the wrapping of the presents beneath the tree. I used brown paper and brown grograin ribbon and embellished the presents with brass jingle bells.

As for other areas of the house, red poinsettas bring lots of Christmas spirit to my everyday flowers. I just add them into the current mix and it transforms the entire arrangement for the holidays. I also like to hang wreaths on mirrors, as I did with our foyer mirror. Just use transparent fishing line and string it through the wreath and attached it to the top of the mirror frame with a small nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment